August 2009 - May 2013
Bachelor of Business in Business Information Systems
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State University
June 2013 - Present
Application Developer Specialist, International Paper, Memphis TN
- Mobile Checkout Site: Took the initiative to improve the process of keeping track of our Mobile Devices (iOS Devices, Macbooks, Android Devices, etc.). Created a site with a SharePoint backend using Client Side Object Model (CSOM). The site displayed available devices, allowed users to check them out, notified appropriate people, and then allowed users to check items back in when finished. The main purposes were to show who has what device, to keep a detailed history, and to make the process easier for the device steward.
- SharePoint Custom Features: Developed and deployed a custom feature that allowed users to send pertinent information to specific groups when incidents occurred. It saved the customer 10 hours/month in creating these emails due to a streamlined process and improved organization. It was able to automate some manual process such as updating tickets in our ticketing system (SDM – formerly USD). I’ve also developed a scalable workflow that is used by the business to gather information on pricing requests, and to make sure all necessary approvals are received in an organized fashion.
- In addition to SharePoint Feature development, I also have a good deal of experience with out of the box functionality.
- Application Standards: I am part of the Application Standards sub-team, and have done a lot of research on industry standards. I also helped create our Application Standards site so that our customers and team members can visually see what our standards are.
- Redeveloped International Paper’s Map of Operations. Leveraged the Google Maps API to provide information for hundreds of locations as well as directions within the map for users to easily map routes. The website is completely responsive and also provides search and print functionality.
- Experience with developing .NET maintenance screens and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Helped develop the IP Stock Guide app. The app displayed important information for the various paper products IP has. It also has a lot of additional functionality such as Search, Favorites, and Calculators. This app is external and can be downloaded today.
- Developed additional functionality for one of our iOS apps that would allow users to dynamically control data and documents. The admin could upload documents and assign them to categories. The app would then download the documents, display the documents in the correct category, and allow the user to edit the document in an external app. In addition to, the user could save the document back to the app so they could keep track of what documents they were working on. Other features included dynamically creating thumbnails of the documents and downloading/updating databases to a local database.
- On a one off project, I learned how to program for Windows Mobile to provide a scanning application for a handheld scanner. The application would allow workers to scan barcodes, enter other relative information, and then wirelessly upload files to a server.
- Played a part in a 2003 – 2012 OSS Server refresh. This required me to set up all existing sites on a new development server within IIS. I then had to deploy the sites to this new server and ensure the sites worked as expected on the server. Also helped with a SQL Server upgrade.
- IP has Mill SharePoint sites that have to be moved to a centralized SharePoint environment. I helped in this effort by creating DocAve jobs from mapping documents to move the content to the new site.
- IP’s Information Technology has a group of recent college recruits called CORE, which consists of about 65 members. Within CORE, there are various Lead Positions, and I am the current Event Lead. This requires me to budget approx. $20,000 for various activities throughout the year. I am responsible for team building events, socials, Memphis outings, and more.
August 2010 - Present
iOS Application Developer, Self-Employed, Memphis TN
- Developed interactive iOS apps in Objective-C using xCode and Cocos2d. Apps developed are Luminus, Boozer, Poke the Pig, Poke the Pig Free, Moon Birds Freespace, Moon Birds, Moon Birds 2, Umpire Indicator, and iDisc Golf Scorecard.
- Designed characters, backgrounds, objects, and levels using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Utilized knowledge of PHP and SQL to create a global leader board for Moon Birds 2 and Luminus. Automatically posts high scores to the internet so all users can compete against each other.
- Received over 150,000 downloads for Moon Birds Freespace. Also ranked 45th in arcade games, 47th in action games, 134th in games, and 397th overall. At the time of creation, there were over 500,000 apps in the Apple App Store. iDisc Golf Scorecard reached top 150 in the Sports category in the Apple App Store.
- Maintained and managed all apps in order to put out necessary updates and continue to receive downloads for each. Involved fixing minor bugs, improving graphics, and releasing new versions of apps.
- Created a backend website with user registration for Boozer. Here, restaurant managers could enter their hours of operation, address, specials and more. The app would handle this information and easily display it to the customer based on their location.
Sept 2012 – Dec 2012
Student Programmer, Mississippi State University Bost Extension, Starkville MS
- Developed a utility mobile web app for farmers using jQuery, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop. Allowed the user to calculate profit/loss and breakeven points for various crops.
Papers IT Business Analyst, International Paper, Memphis TN
- Managed an educational mobile game project. Required many meetings a week with others to continually brainstorm ideas and advance the concept. Turned the ideas into actual game play that can be fun and educational.
- Created an initial business case for the game project and presented the document to a project governance board. The document highlighted goals, objectives, scope, risks, and key financial points.
- Developed a prototype of the game for the iPad using knowledge of Objective-C, xCode, and Photoshop.
- Maintained documentation of the game concept in order to preserve all ideas as the concept advanced.
- Created social media promotions, banners, and images for the Marketing team and the Hammermill paper brand. Able to do so by gaining knowledge of a tool called Wildfire, while leveraging my previous knowledge of Photoshop and CSS.
- Conducted research on mobile gaming and social media. Presented research to the Marketing team, the Innovation team, and the Rapid Application Development team. Groups consisted of 4-10 people.
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio
- Key Driver Award given by International Paper's CIO for my efforts in Mobile Development
- Cellular South Management & Information Systems Scholarship Recipient
- James K Ashford B&I Scholarship Recipient
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honors Society
- Gamma Beta Phi National Honors Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Society
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Dean’s List (Fall 2009 - Spring 2013)